Hey y'all! Since I don't blog on the weekends, unless it's been scheduled, I wanted to add in yesterday's blog-tember prompt since I thought the idea was SO creative! This season of life that I am in now is so special and dear to me so I love that we are able to capture it in this way.
1. My husband and I are both youth leaders. We both lead middle school aged kids. I have an awesome girls group and he has a great boys group. I love that every Wednesday night we get to spend time worshipping and growing in the Word together. And having lots of fun + laughs.
2. This pregnancy season is flying by! Now that I'm not sick all of the time, I can really savor each moment. We love going to each doctor's appointments and hearing the sweet baby's heartbeat.
3. I have baby on the brain 50% of my day. I'm always making lists of what needs to be done, what we need to do or get before baby gets here, etc. It's exciting but I know that it will be even better in three weeks when we find out if baby is a boy or a girl!
4. Date nights. I love them! Joe and I have been married for two years and a few months now and we go on date nights every week. I don't think this season of life will ever end but with it being just him and me and our puppy, we are savoring each date night we can before baby comes! I'm so excited to go on all of the fun fall-related dates this season!
5. I have been blessed to be able to stay at home since we have been married. I have a photography business now which is great because I can set my own hours and what not. It's such an awesome thing! I'll be trading in the stay at home wife title for a SAHM title in just five short months and I couldn't be more excited! Although, I'm not gonna lie... it's scary!
5 Books That Have Shaped Me:
- God's Word >> God's Word is living and is the true words from God, the only book containing truth. I have been grateful to have a Bible since I could remember and while I have never always cherished it like I should, it is the single most important thing in my life that has shaped me into who I am. That's because God uses it to change us. And it constantly changes me every time I open it.
- Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman - This book was an easy read and a great reminder of what it means to be a Christian. Christians follow Jesus. Not their own way. They lay their life down for Him, they're dead and Christ is alive in them. Being a fan of Jesus isn't enough.
- Radical by David Platt - This book changed so much about the way I lived and my heart. This book also gave me the courage and the dream to be a missionary one day overseas. Who knows if that is really what God wants for us but after reading this, you'll be ready to go.
- Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper - I need to read this one again. I remember highlighting the entire thing. It's an amazing book. One thing that really stuck out was that he talked about how pointless television can be and that really shaped my thinking because I believe it's true. How satan uses worldly things to distract us from our purpose on earth. It's a must read.
- Seven by Jen Hatmaker - While I don't agree with everything she does (she's imperfect just like me), this book really helped me realize that stuff is simply that: stuff. And having too much is pointless. Actually, it's hurting. I love donating or throwing stuff away and this book helped me to organize my thoughts and my house! I also walked away with a greater understanding on what fair trade is and what it isn't.
And there you have it! My season plus some words that have impacted me the most. What are a few of your favorite books? Have you ever read any of these and what did you think about them?